Hours of Operation
The clubhouse is open for operation Monday-Friday from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM, Saturday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, and Sunday from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM. Although there is a staff member present 24 hours a day, all dogs must be picked up during hours of operation. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate pick-ups and drop-offs outside of our hours of operation. All dogs must be picked up by closing time or they will be required to spend the night. Anyone disturbing the daycare after closing hours will be charged a $50 fee in addition to the overnight fee.
Checking In and Checking Out Procedures
- Please have your dog on leash and be in control of your dog upon entering/exiting the reception area and parking lot. This is an important step in maintaining a safe environment.
- When checking your dog in, please communicate any special needs your dog may have which will help us care for them. For example: allergies, recent injuries or surgeries, hot spots, wounds, fear, TLC, ball playing, etc.
- Make sure to shut all doors securely behind you for the safety of all dogs.
- Please label all of your dog’s personal belongings clearly, including their leash, food, and any medication.
- Please report any feedback, strange behaviors, or illnesses immediately. It is important for us to be aware for the health and safety of all dogs.
- Clearly write down all medication, special needs, etc., in the designated areas on the overnight check-in card.
When checking your dog in, please inform staff whether they will need a bath, drop off service, or lunch. (Linch is free for dogs under 6 months, and $2/dog over 6 months).
- If requesting lunch feeding, please provide food. A $2.00 to $4.00 fee will be assessed if the Clubhouse food is provided for your dog.
- If requesting a bath, please indicate the approximate time you will be picking up your dog. The earliest a bath can be done by is 10:00 am.
- When requesting a shuttle drop-off, for the first few times please leave address, key, drop-off instructions, and a phone number where you can be reached. Shuttle only opperates Mon-Fri (excluding Tue & Thur morning pick-ups), not on weekends, and only runs to El Segundo, Hermosa Beach, and Manhattan Beach.
- Fill out an overnight card completely. You are required to fill out a new card EVERY time your dog boards with us. This is to insure we have the most up to date information regarding your dog.
- Make sure to include all special instructions (extra love, time outs, and allergies…)
- Clearly indicate feeding instructions including the brand of food and exact amounts.
- Indicate the time you will be picking up your dog.
- Indicate if you want your dog bathed upon departure. We highly recommend baths for dogs staying over four days.
- Please supply food for your dog. We prefer if you prepackage meals into individual zip lock bags (1 baggie per meal). Due to limited storage space, please only bring the amount of food needed for your dog’s stay. 20 lbs. or larger bags of food will only be accepted if your dog is here for an extended time period. You will be asked to re-bag your food and take the excess with you. The Clubhouse sells a variety of foods in our boutique. If you do not bring food you will be asked to purchase food from the selection we have in our store. Please make sure to label all belongings, including food bags, with your dog’s name.
- Dogs must be picked up and dropped off during the hours of operation. For the safety and well being of the dogs staying with us, dogs being checked in for overnight must check in no later than 2:00 pm, 12:00 noon if your dog is under 2 years old.
- If you are dropping off multiple dogs, please indicate if they need to be fed separately.
- Our overnight rate is based on a 24-hour period. Any hours over the 24-hour period will be billed according to our fee schedule.
RESERVATIONS Reservations are required for overnight boarding. We recommend making reservations a couple weeks in advance and at least one month in advance for holidays and peak seasons. Space is limited. Daycare reservations are required during the holidays.
CANCELLATION POLICY 24 hours cancellation is required for non-holiday reservations. During holidays or peak season**, all reservations must be cancelled 48 hours in advance. A one week cancellation notice is required during Christmas and New Year. If you fail to give required notice, you will be charged the cost of your first nights stay. Failure to cancel your reservation will be considered a “no-show”. All no-shows will be charged for their full intended stay; not to exceed $250. All no-shows for a Christmas or New Year reservation may be charged their full intended stay.
** Peak season consists of President’s Weekend in February, Spring Break, and Summer time beginning June 15th through the Labor Day Holiday in September.
We are happy to offer this service to clients within our driving area of El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, and Hermosa Beach. The fee ranges from $8.00-$26.00 depending on your location. Please ask the front desk to determine your one way and round trip rate. Dogs are picked up between 7:00 AM and 9:00 AM and dropped off between 4:00 PM and 6:00 PM. All pick-ups must be arranged by 4 PM the previous day, and all drop offs must be arranged by noon on the day of the drop-off. Please note: We do not have pick-up and drop-off service on weekends or holidays, as well as Tuesday and Thursday morning pick-ups.
VACCINATIONS All dogs must be current on required vaccinations. Please make sure to give us updated vaccine information regularly. Although all dogs must be vaccinated and we disinfect regularly, it is still possible for your dog to contract any virus or bacteria. For this reason, it is important for you to communicate any illness or irregularities you notice with your dog.
COLLAR AND TAGS Every dog is required to wear a quick release collar with a name tag. Buckle collars are not acceptable at Grateful Dogs, they pose a serious safety risk.
MEDICAL ATTENTION If your dog needs medical care during their stay, we will bring them to Bay Animal Hospital or another local veterinarian and bill you for the fees. We always attempt to contact you or your emergency contact person before providing any medical attention. It is important to note, especially on your dog’s first overnight stay, that your dog may experience signs of fatigue that includes sleeping, loss of appetite and general lethargy. This might last 2-3 days, after which your dogs should bounce back to normal. If the symptoms continue, please contact us ASAP
All dogs are screened for aggression, but fights can still occur. It is also possible for puncture wounds to happen during play sessions. If this occurs an incident report will then be completed. In the event of an injury, we will bring any dogs needing medical attention to Bay Animal Hospital or another local veterinarian as soon as possible. If your dog is responsible for injury to another dog or person, you may incur those medical fees.